Renting a property can be in Sierra Leone can be an exhausting experience, but we can help make it easier. The higher your budget, the greater the chance you will get a property within a reasonable time-frame. Demand far exceeds supply for any property below $5,000 per year.
- Work with reputable agents – ideally, registered businesses. It is not unusual for individuals to attempt renting a property for which they are not legally permitted to do so.
- Always provide as much information about your requirements.
- Give an idea of your budget. Many people are reluctant to do this but we require it, as it eliminates a lot of time-wasting for both parties.
- Be willing to be flexible (especially if you are on a budget). Know what you would be willing to compromise on and what you would not. For example, you might be willing to compromise on the quality of the access road, but not for decent water supply or security.
- Go to the property more than one occasion. Drive past at night to check out the neighbourhood
- There is no such thing as a purely residential neighbourhood so enquire whether there are churches or mosques in the area as some have external loudspeakers which may be an issue for some tenants
- Be patient, but as soon as you find something you like, grab it.
We do not charge registration fees but do require you register so we have a record of your requirements.
5% of the annual rental price of the property. If the property is not listed on our website and requires an active property search by us.